Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Whole Wheat Bread machine recipe

I have been making this recipe ever since we got our bread machine last Christmas. I have tried other variations but this one is a keeper.

2 ¼ cups water (80 to 90°F)
3 tbsp. olive oil
2 ¼ tsp. salt
3 tbsp. maple syrup
4 cups whole wheat flour
1 ½ cup all purpose flour
1.5 tsp. bread machine yeast

1.      Measure ingredients into bread pan in the order listed
2.      Select the Whole Wheat setting and the 3-lb. settting on bread machine


Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tommy, I've been looking for a 3lb recipe for whole wheat bread. Thank you.

    I always use molasses instead of the alternatives. I see you use maple syrup. Have you tried molasses? I'm going to make this loaf as per your recipe and then try molasses.

    ReplyDelete